|It was a beautiful texture and the chocolate i'm sure must have helped!|
(Recipe adapted from allrecipes.co.uk
(This recipe easily makes 2 medium loaf tins worth of cake!)
250g plain flour
375g caster sugar
60g good quality cocoa powder
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
4 medium eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
350ml vegetable oil
340g grated courgettes
75g chopped dark chocolate
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 20x30cm baking tin/loaf pan
2) In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon (if using)
3) Add the eggs and oil and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in the courgettes and chopped chocolate until well distributed.
4) Pour the mixture into the baking tin
5) Bake for 50-60minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
6) Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.