240g unsalted butter, very soft
65g granulated sugar
240g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
Zest of 1 and a half lemons
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
30g fine caster sugar
1) preheat the oven to 160C. Line a 6x10 inch baking sheet
2) Mix the butter and granulated sugar in a bowl. Add the salt, lemon zest and vanilla extract and incorporate well.
3) Add in the flour and cornflour until it forms into a dough. you can use your hands to bring the mixture together.
4) Add the dough into the baking sheet and pat down evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly golden on top. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
5) Whilst still warm, sprinkle with the caster sugar and cut into squares or rectangles as preferred. You must cut them whilst warm, otherwise it will become difficult to cut through and they will break. Leave to cool in pan before taking out. Enjoy!
|I actually used a tart tin to bake them in, but either that or a baking sheet will be fine.