|I actually found this adapted recipe from Baker Royal but omitted the cream cheese, which seemed to work equally as well.|
320g plain flour
225g butter, softened
65g brown sugar
65g granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon cinnamon
50g granulated sugar
1. Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the egg and egg yolk. Mix well.
3. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract until combined.
4. Add the flour mixture and fold until completely incorporated.
5. Divide the dough into 2 logs and roll in greaseproof paper.
6. Chill for atleast an hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 175C and line 2 baking sheets with silicone mate or baking paper.
8. Slice the dough into 1/4inch thick rounds and place onto lined baking sheets. Leave an inch gap between for spreading.
9. Mix the topping and cover the tops of all the cookies.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown around the edges.
11. Leave for 5-10minutes until cooled, them transfer to a wire rack.